September 16 to October 6
Your Nutrition goal for this 21 day challenge is to see how many days you can practice clean eating. Aim for at least 16 Clean Days.
Your Fitness goal is to strength train three times a week (BbG class or home workout) and elevate your heart rate with some form of cardio for a minimum of 30 minutes tow other days. Five days of fitness is your goal!
Use the chart provided and give yourself a ✔ if you did all of the following on any given day:
✦Ate only whole foods: Foods from the earth that are in their most natural state. Includes at least 3 cups of fresh vegetables and 2-4 fruits. Eat lean animal proteins (wild caught/ grass fed/free roaming if you can afford it) like eggs, chicken, ﬁsh, lean cuts of red meat on occasion. Consume whole grains (1 serving daily is best) and nuts in moderation. Click here for lists of foods and meal plan ideas.
✦Avoided Processed food made with reﬁned ﬂour and sugar, artificial ingredients and preservatives or any ingredient you cannot pronounce or picture in it’s raw state. Generally the more ingredients a food has the less clean it is.
✦If I dined out: I ate only lean protein and produce; no fried, BBQ or nitrates. No cheese, cream dressing or sauces.
✦Drank at least 50 ounces of water.
✦Challenge Yourself to go alcohol free at least while dining at home (optional).
✦Mark an “S” for strength and a “C” for cardio on the chart when you exercise.
Eat Clean at least 80% of the time: leave the other 20% for special occasions. This does NOT mean to eat well 80% of the time then splurge the other 20%. You’ll just undo all the good you’ve done! If your goal is to remove unwanted pounds, avoid cheese and high fat dairy, simple carbs like bread and pasta, whole grains and potatoes. Stick to lean proteins and produce most of the time.